Vegan Gyoza PotStickers Recipe
Gyoza is the Japanese version of the Chinese dumpling Jiaozi. It is also known as “potstickers” in the US.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup diced cabbage
- 1/4 cup carrots
- 1/4 cup tofu
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- *add any vegetable you want
1. In a large bowl, mix the flour and water until if forms a dough. Add flour if it is too sticky or add add water if it is too dry. Knead the dough for 3 minutes.
2. Flatten the dough and cut out circles using a glass or a cookie cutter.
3. Finely chop the vegetables and heat the oil in a pan.
4. Add the onion, garlic and carrots and fry for 2 minutes. Then add the rest of the vegetables and soy sauce. You may also add salt and pepper to taste. Cook the vegetables until they are soft.
5. Place 1 gyoza wrapper on your palm, put a heaped tbsp of Filling on the wrapper. Fold wrapper over and use your right hand assisted by your left hand thumb to create pleats.
6. Heat the oil in a large pan. Place the gyozas and cook until the bottom part is light golden. Add 1/3 cup of water and place the lid on. Cook unlit the wrapper is translucent.
7. Serve with dipping sauce!