Soy milk, also known as soya milk, is a healthy plant-based drink produced by soaking and grinding soybeans, boiling the mixture, and straining out the remaining particles. Its original form is a natural by-product of the manufacture of tofu. This soy milk recipe is so easy to make. It is also very high in protein!
- 2 cups Soybeans
- Soak the soybeans in water overnight.
- Wash the soybeans with water.
- Drain the soybeans and remove the skins by rubbing each bean together.
- Blend the soybeans with 3 cups or 750 ml of water until well blended and almost smooth.
- Strain the blended mixture using a nut milk bag, a cheesecloth, a napkin or a fine mesh strainer.
- Pour the mixture into a pot or a saucepan and add 1 cup or 250 ml of water.
- Bring to a boil, stir and skim foam.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool the soy milk and enjoy it. You can add other ingredients such as vanilla extract or dates. Blend the mixture if necessary.